Educate residents on new water restrictions
WaterSmart Home Water Reports offer customized message delivery over mobile, email, and print and can be tailored to the specific reduction targets and irrigation schedules instituted by your utility.
Reduce water use 4% – 36% from 2013
Individual household reduction goals are dynamically calculated and then delivered to residents through easy-to-understand visual communications.
Tracking and reporting compliance
The WaterSmart Utility Analytics Dashboard provides a special drought module which provides charts on overall conservation trends as well as detailed household performance reports and visibility into which customer segments are complying with reduction goals.
Detect and alert residents to possible leaks
ami & non-ami leak detection
WaterSmart subscription reports are sent directly to your inbox which detail likely leaks due to persistent increase in consumption, regardless of consumption read frequency. We rank leaks by severity and also offer a simple view of resolved and outstanding leaks.
The WaterSmart platform delivers likely leak alerts directly to homeowners over SMS or email. This provides for faster leak resolution, reduced water loss, and improved customer relations.
Detect and notify irrigation violators
For water suppliers with AMI, WaterSmart can detect irrigation patterns from interval consumption data and deliver a report of likely violators, thus improving compliance and reducing enforcement costs.
Both AMI and non-AMI water suppliers are offered reports on possible compliance violations on the part of residential customers. Irrigation violation reports allow utilities to target specific customer segments with compliance messaging before resorting to more stringent penalties.
California State Regulations and Orders
- May 5, 2015 – State Board Urban Water Supplier Usage Tiers
- May 5, 2015 – State Board Adopted Emergency Conservation Resolution and Regulation
- April 28, 2015 – State Board Emergency Regulation Fact Sheet
- April 18, 2015 – State Board Proposed Text of Emergency Regulations
- April 7, 2015 – State Board Proposed Regulatory Framework
- April 1, 2015 – State Executive Orders
- March 17, 2015 – State Board Amended Emergency Regulations
- July 29, 2014 – State Board Emergency Regulations
- January 17, 2014 – State Executive Orders
- CA State Water Resources Control Board General Regulations
- DWR Integrated Regional Water Management Grant Program
- California Water Energy Technology (WET) Funding Program