Information WaterSmart Software obtains from your use of the Site.
We collect information about you directly from when you use our Site.
Personal Information: means data that allows someone to identify or contact you, including, for example, your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, as well as any other non-public information about you that is associated with or linked to any of the foregoing data. “Anonymous Data” means data that is not associated with or linked to your Personal Information. Anonymous Data does not permit the identification of individual persons. We collect Personal Information as described below.
Personal Information You Provide to Us: When you sign up for a product demonstration, newsletter, or other offering on our Site, we may collect Personal Information from you such as your first and last names, e-mail and mailing addresses, and other information about your company or household. You may elect to provide information requested at that time or not sign up.
Personal Information From Other Sources: We may also receive Personal Information about you from: (i) third parties that provide services for us in connection with the Site, (ii) third parties to whom you have voluntarily provided information, and (iii) other publicly available sources. We may add this information to the information we have already collected from you or via technology.
(i) “Cookies” are small pieces of information that a website sends to your computer’s hard drive while you are viewing a website. We may use both session Cookies (which expire once you close your web browser) and persistent Cookies (which stay on your computer until you delete them) to provide you with a more personal and interactive experience on our Site. Persistent Cookies can be removed by following Internet browser help file directions. We encode our cookies so that only we can interpret the information stored in them. If you choose to disable Cookies, some areas of our Site may not work properly.
(ii)”Web beacons” are images embedded in a web page or email for the purpose of measuring and analyzing site usage and activity. WaterSmart, or third-party service providers acting on our behalf, may use Web beacons to help us analyze Site usage and improve our services.
Please Note: Watersmart.com does not respond to Do Not Track settings; please see the rest of this Policy for how we share your information with third parties.
How We Use Your Information
• To identify you as a user of our Site or offerings available from the Site
• To provide you or communicate with you about offerings you elect
• To inform you of other offerings or our available services
• To improve the quality of experience when you interact with our Site
• To send you administrative e-mail notifications, such as security advisories
• To respond to your inquiries related to employment opportunities or other requests
• To send promotional communications
• To provide you with hardcopy or electronic newsletters, or surveys
• To send offers for marketing purposes of WaterSmart or third party companies.
With Whom We Share Your Information
WaterSmart does not sell your Personal Information. In order to provide you with services or to complete transactions requested by you, we may share your Personal Information with Service Providers, including the following:
- Service Providers to provide, maintain, and improve our services, including third party service providers who assist us with network infrastructure, payment processing, security, customer support, data analytics, marketing, or otherwise.
- Service Providers with whom you have requested that we share information, in order to fulfill services you request.
- Companies in connection with, or during the negotiation of, any merger, sale of company stock or assets, financing, acquisition, divestiture, or dissolution of all or a portion of our business.
- Other parties as reasonably necessary (a) to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request; (b) to enforce or comply with our Terms & Conditions or other applicable agreements or policies, (c) to protect our rights or property, or the security or integrity of our services, or (d) to protect us, users of our services or the public from harm or potentially prohibited or illegal activities.
Service Providers acting on WaterSmart’s behalf are required to follow the same privacy and security policies as WaterSmart and its employees and are subjected to an extensive review of their data handling processes before WaterSmart shares personal information with them.
Exercising Your Privacy Rights
The California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) and other state or federal laws may provide you with certain rights, which WaterSmart honors. You have the following rights with respect to the Personal Information we collect, subject to certain exceptions and limitations:
- The right to know the categories and/or specific pieces of Personal Information we collect, use, disclose, and sell about you, the categories of sources from which we collected your Personal Information, our purposes for collecting or selling your Personal Information, the categories of your Personal Information that we have either sold or disclosed for a business purpose, and the categories of third parties with which we have shared Personal Information;
- The right to request that we delete the Personal Information we have collected from you or maintain about you.
- The right not to receive discriminatory treatment for the exercise of your privacy rights under the CCPA.
We may not delete Personal Information to: 1) complete the transaction for which Personal Information was collected, provide you with a service you requested, or one that is reasonably anticipated within the context of a business’s ongoing business relationship with us, or to perform a contract between us; 2) detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for that activity; 3) debug to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality; 4) comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act; 5) comply with a legal obligation; 6) otherwise use your Personal Information internally, in a lawful manner that is compatible with the context in with the consumer provided the information.
We will delete your Personal Information not subject to the above exceptions by deidentification.
To exercise any of the above rights, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and specify what right you would like to exercise.
If you have a utility account with WaterSmart, you should make the request using your utility customer portal and submitting the privacy request form. If you are unable to do so, please contact us at email@example.com.